Friday, October 1, 2010

Week 2 Assignment

Hi! I am new to blogger.com and enrolled in the Using Social Networking and Social Media class at CLC. The reason I chose to enroll in this course is because I am hoping to become more tech savvy with Web 2.0 and the social networking sites. These skills are very important to learn and will become more crucial to my job performance at Lake Forest Graduate School of Management as the Assisant Registrar.

In addition to enjoying my job, I have three favorite hobbies - cooking, exercising and sewing. I have been doing all three since I was a young girl. Cooking has actually become my passion. Trying new recipes and cooking for my husband and family is very enjoyable for me. It is so much fun to try out new recipes when we entertain. Most people would never dream of doing something like that. They would stick with the tried and true dishes. Not me. It is worth the risk to find a culinary success that my family and friends will enjoy!

I love to exercise! It lifts my spirit and makes me feel so good. Walking outdoors is probably my favorite exercise, especially when my husband or a friend joins me. Water aerobics with music is another wonderful way to enjoy the benefits of a total body workout. Those of us in the class are usually smiling and laughing at each other because we're never sure if we are actually performing the moves properly. It really doesn't matter as long as we are moving.

Sewing is a talent that I learned from my mother. She taught my sisters and me at an early age so that we could learn to make some of our own clothing. We also learned how to cross stitch, knit and embroider as well. My most favorite hobby is smocking young children's clothing and bonnets. When my daughter and son were young children I smocked several garments for them. Although they are older now I have preserved these items.To me they are my masterpieces or works of art. Hopefully, one day we will have grandchildren to hand them down to or better yet, I'll smock new ones!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice background. Need more on the sides like gadgets and add embedded videos. I found my site came alive or became more interesting. The more you add your personality comes out and people will enjoy coming to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana - I really enjoyed reading about your interests. I use to enjoy cooking, but I find I just do not have the time these days. My favorite season to walk is Fall, the air is so clean and fresh. I am sure you will be working to add more to your site, but you have a start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana,
    Your site is very nice; the only thing I noticed is that some advertising is showing up on your Daily Inspirations. I don't know if you can crop that out or not.
    I enjoyed reading about your interests. I like to sew too, though I haven't in awhile. I miss the fabric stores of old. Used to go to some neat places; ever heard of Fabrics by Dyllis in Barrington, or Hagenbrings in Arlington Heights? Now it seems like Joann's is the only one around. You probably know more than I do about that! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love to walk. I have a standing date with my neighbor on Thursday morning. We are trying to get to Lake Geneva to walk around the lake on day. Last year I went to the Ashram in California and walked over 70 miles in one week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana-

    Love what you said about trying new things with cooking! I am always telling people to "get out of your cooking rut!" The thing is, sometimes the pay off is wonderful, and sometimes it's just okay. Would I have it any other way? Nope!

    I wish I had learned to sew. Wish it so much that one day I intend to take beginner sewing lessons at the local university. Oh how I'd love to be able to make new decorative pillows anytime I want!

    Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete